As you go through life many people experience back pain and they chalk it up to getting older, or it being the natural way of things. This pain can go from bothersome to overwhelming, but many people do nothing about it, or think there is nothing they can do. We are here to tell you that there are some steps you can take to reduce or eliminate this pain, even without going to a doctor or specialist.
1. Exercise – The last thing many people with back pain want to do is exercise, but with moderation it can be a great remedy. Exercises, like running and yoga, can help stretch out the problem areas and bring some relief.
2. Change Your Sleeping Habits – Sleeping can be a significant cause of back pain, or can cause it to persist. Try sleeping in a more neutral position, ideally on your back, to relieve the pressure or stress on the back. Avoid sleeping on your stomach, that can contribute to neck and back pain.
3. Change Your Diet – Your diet can be key to correcting you back pain and there are certain things you can do that will help you alleviate the pain. Try eating lean proteins, such as chicken or turkey, and potassium rich foods , such as avocado, bananas, or leafy green vegetables. Most importantly, stay hydrated.
4. Posture – One thing that contributes to a lot of people’s back pain is their posture, especially at the office where you sit often. Refrain from slouching when sitting, and invest in a chair with lower back support.
5. Ice/Heat the Problem Area – A simple solution can be to ice or heart the area. Most doctors recommend icing the area for the first 48 hours, especially if swelling has occurred. Heat might also be beneficial, depending on the injury, and if the person finds it more effective.
These 5 solutions can help you solve you back pain without the need of seeing your doctor or a specialist. For minor issues any of these solutions can be right for you. For severe, or persistent pain; or if these remedies do not work. we recommend seeing a medical professional.