Winter is fastly approaching and its the time of year where people start to feel under the weather and get sick. During this time period your immune system is more compromised and you are more susceptible to illness. Nothing is more annoying than getting sick or getting other people sick. I’m going to give you a few tips to help you from catching something and so you have a healthy winter.
- Get plenty of sleep. One of the most compromising things to your immune system, that is easy to remedy, is lack of sleep. Make sure you get at least eight hours of sleep every night. You should also make sure that you are comfortable when sleeping, eight hours of uncomfortable sleep could be worse than only six hours comfy sleep.
- Eat properly. What you eat affects your body drastically and an awful diet can can cause an increased chance of becoming ill. During the winter months people tend to gravitate towards more hearty and heavier foods, but don’t forget to mix in plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Remember to exercise. The winter months make it harder for you to get out and exercise and many gain weight, but you can’t let it stop you completely. Whether its something you can do in your house, sit ups, pull ups and other body weight exercises, or joining a gym find a way to stay active and in shape. Although it might be cold try short runs on warmer days as well.
- Get a flu shot. This may not be for everyone, but a flu shot is the number one prevention method for getting the flu. The flu is one of the more dangerous illnesses you can have during this time of the year and a shot is a surefire way you won’t get it.
- Wash your hands. It sounds cliche but washing your hands and preventing the spread of germs is the best way to prevent getting sick. Soap and warm water will do the trick and make sure you do this before eating or putting your hands to your mouth for any reason.
Following these tips will help prevent you from being sick this winter. Be safe, and have a healthy hollidays season and winter.