When back joints and limbs are misaligned we stress ligaments and muscles. That strain leads to pain. In fact, having poor posture and standing improperly can effect your back and body so negatively, it can ultimately lead to degenerative arthritis.
Being mindful of how you stand when at work, waiting on line or when carrying a child is the first step to living a healthier life long term. Here are some tips on how to stand properly to ease back pain:
1. Spread your legs and stand with your feet hip-width apart.
2. When standing point your toes forward.
3. Don’t lock your knees. They should be slightly bent when standing.
4. Invest in a mat that improves posture, like the Sit-Stand SmartMat. The Sit-Stand Smart Mart helps ease back pain and increases standing times.
5. Straighten your back by lightly sucking in your stomach. Try to maintain the natural curve of your back and avoid hunching over.
6. Loosen your arms and allow them to rest on the sides of your body.
Keep these tips in mind to ease back pain when standing. Don’t forget to stretch and take breaks to assure a healthier and happier you.